Tuesday, August 22, 2006

The Date

On Thursday I went to DC for a date. I met my date through an online dating site. He and I had been talking on the phone for about 3 months before we picked a day to meet. So Thursday was the day in which I went to see my sweetie(?) for the first time. I was very angry with him when he finally showed because he was an hour late. Yes, an hour late. He said it was because there were workers at his house. Whatever, oh yea, he didn't call either. His excuse for that was, he does not have a cell phone.
Well when he finally showed I was not to disappointed by his looks. I am a little taller than him. Actually I am a little taller than a lot of men, but that's beside the point. His body was very trim ,but he still had some meat on his bones. After he apologized about his lateness we went to Georgetown to eat. We then went to Sephora(spell) were he brought some perfume for me.
Then he got down to business. You see, my date is a NWG a Nigerian without a greencard. He proceeded to tell me his story and blah, blah, blah. Basically he wanted me to marry him so that he can stay in the country. He must think I am a fool. I want no parts of a greencard marriage. That shit is for the birds.

By the way, I found a new blog this weekend. I like it a lot, and I think the writer is very talented. Check her out at www.seandia.blogspot.com

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think what you need is an American Brother Break.

Organized Noise said...

That's messed up. Dude was searching the internet looking for a quickie marriage so he could stay in the country. The sad thing is that I have a cousin who did marry someone just so he could get a green card. It's a very sad situation.

Anonymous said...

some women are actually out there looking to date/form relationships... and that's just foul.

Ms.Honey said...

Umm..wow that's just nonsense LOL

Ms. Confessions said...

Run for the hills.
He wants to get married, LOL...

Stay away from the Africans!!!

The Pussy Cat Bitch said...

WDF?!! He wanted a freaking green card? After talking to you on the phone for 3 MONTHS, and making you think that he was WORTH your time. His NWS ASS had the nerve to insult you by telling you THIS CRAP. Girl you should of upper-kicked him straight in the balls. I think he might of ENJOYED THAT. I hope you find a guy who is worth your precious time babes. Much luv, THE P.C.B.

Hamani said...

Diclaimer:your about to read something really ignorant but I dont give a flip flop about it/
Dont you think its interesting that most "afrikans" are short. Stay away from the Nigerians - I prefer the French (afrikan) colonies anyhow they are a lot nicer than those Brits.
Being an hour late and having the nerve to ask for a favor - gets you two things: A smack and a kick in the balls as far as Im concern.
Oh... alright we'll be nice to immigrants (for now)- I'll just give you a dumb look until you realize how stupid it was to ask "me" for a favor in the first place.

The Pussy Cat Bitch said...

Yup...He needs to get his balls kicked. LOL.

Olawunmi said...

he said "what?" i apologise on behalf of my brothers, that man is a damn fool to play that with someone he doesn't know.

what has the world come to?

Single Ma said...

The green card ish was foul, but I'm still stuck on the one hour late. No phone call either. Damn, I had to read that 3x! And you were still waiting for him?

Dude gets the gas face!

BeautyinBaltimore said...

@raymond- please explain
@organized noise- Yes it is.
@Alissa- It is, he should of found someone during the time he was courting me.
@honey-libera-yes it is
@ A woman on the move- All of the men(4) that I've been with, have been African, with the exception of the swinger.
@pussy cat- There were police around.
@Hamani- Have you had a problem with Africans in the past?
@ti- Yes he did. I could of been imagration police or anyone.
@Oluwami- Don't worry, I no not all Naja men behave this way.
@ Single ma- Yea I should of come back to Baltimore. He was nice enough to refund me the money I spend to travel to DC.

Anonymous said...

Well it seems like most of the drama is connected with Nigerians. I thought you might let one of us buy you dinner for a couple of months.

So...Wise...Sista said...

How much was he payin? ;)

BeautyinBaltimore said...

Raymond- I will, I'm just finding it diffcult to find a quality African-American man.
So wise sister- He paid a total of $160.00.

Anonymous said...

Well there's a quality A-A man looking for a quality A-A woman. The two of you just need to find each other.